Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Is plugging the fuel band into the computer the only way to charge it?



Question:

I am taking my Nike fuelband overseas and I do not own a laptop. Is plugging the fuel band into the computer the only way to charge it?

Answer:

You can charge the Nike+ FuelBand through any USB charger. You will want to make sure you are using the extension cord that came with the device. If you are plugging it into a wall USB adapter, Nike recommend also using a surge protector to protect the device from electrical surges.

Just make sure that the device's battery is not completed depleted when you do so.

18 comments:

  1. help please i lost the wire That came with my. fuelband . how can i charge It and can i just purchase. the wire?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can i charge it with israeli adapters?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried charging the fuelband with my iphone usb charger but it doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it working? (charge the fuelband with a wall usb adapter like iphone adapter)?
    If it is, can i charge the fuelband overseas?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Fuel band is not charging. I have attached it to my laptop with the USB cord and I see the image of the battery but its not being charged. I have also update the software .Help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am having the same problem!!

      Delete
    2. I have the same problem :( Did you resolve it?

      Delete
    3. You have to reset to the factory setting in order to fix it. You're welcome!

      Delete
    4. Thank you Petr. I was experiencing the same problem and your recommendation worked!

      Delete
  6. I took the charger to another country and lost it. How do I get another one?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I plugged the cord it came with into the cube for my iPhone charger and that seems to be working.. Shows the bat and the dots increasing over time as its charging...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have lost the charger - so how do I charge it now? People are saying a USB charger but it has to be the right connection to the fuelband ...What will connect into the fuelband itself? Can you buy replacements?? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A male to female USB cable will be okay, you can plug into any pc to charge the fuelband

      Delete
  9. the fuel band itself with plug directly into a laptop/pc usb port. no cable needed.

    ReplyDelete